Friday, September 11, 2009

Wallpaper Artwork inspired by TDC



Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick created some artwork from textured wallpaper. So, I did the same! I love to copy. This time I used foam board instead of the painters canvas that you find at Hobby Lobby. Foam board is a fraction of the cost of the canvas however, it will bend once dry. At first, I wasn't sure if this project would turn out because of the bend. It actually looks better! So, so simple. This project is definitely chic and easy. My good friend, Jennifer, was in town to help me out on this and we were amazed at how SIMPLE it was. We actually were waiting for us to screw it up.



Here is what you will need.
1) foam board (Hobby Lobby will offer it at 50% off)
2) textured wallpaper (Lowes currently has it on sale for $14 per roll. I halved with Jenn.)
3) black spray paint in satin ($.98 per can at Lowes)
4) a metallic paint in a brown, bronze, etc.

Cut the wallpapper one inch wider/longer than the foam board, wet (I didn't book it for the required amount of time and it still worked), stick to the foam board and neatly wrap your corners, dry, spray paint. Final step - with a small brush, paint the top textured layer. Viola. You're done. I was even lazier.... I just nailed through the foam board to hang on the wall. Total cost about $24!!!!

3 comments:

Followers