Thursday, September 10, 2009

Easy Squeezy Scarecrow Costume



Here is a simple costume that ANYONE can make. It's very, very easy. Here are your basic supplies:

Overalls - purchased at Goodwill
1 plaid longsleeve shirt - again, purchased at Goodwill
Raffia
orange felt
fabric swatches
1 bandana
ornamental leaves

I first cut out the felt and sewed them to the bottom of my overalls. Then, riped off all the pockets and replaced them with new pockets made out of my fabric swatches. Wonder Undered some fabric swatches and ironed them onto my pants. I love the swatch that says "no crows allowed." I decided to sew around my patches just in case the glue didn't adhere. Took some gathered raffia, sewed it together and strategically placed them in pockets. I ended up glueing the raffia into the pockets just to make sure they won't unravel. Stuffed the pockets with the corners of the red bandana. There you have it. A cute little scarecrow costume. I also made sure not to do anything 'perfectly' because scarecrows need to be imperfect to be cute! Also, another cute little tip, I used pinker shears to cut everything, zig zag stitches and thread that was available. No need to perfectly coordinate.

1 comment:

Followers