Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Painting fabric using acrylic paint


I received this fabric letter 'G' from my mother-in-law for my son's room. The print is really not in his room colors so I decided to paint it to coordinate with his room.







I used some leftover acrylic scrapbooking paint in a vibrant blue. I mixed the paint with Textile Medium - no, I wasn't patient enough to follow the exact instructions. I just mixed it together. I probably could have spray painted the letter. My only worry would be since it is fabric that I wanted the fabric to remain somewhat soft and flexible.




It took 2 coats of paint and a few hours to dry. The paint does leave some streaks but not too bad or horrible. I'm pretty happy with how this particular project turned out. I saved this letter
G doomed for Goodwill.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers